Availability: Available for Order
Ruggedlybuilt, twin nozzle, 1300W micro hydro turbine. Comes with all parts and tools for field assembly. (More pictures and Video below, scroll down!)
PowerSpout PLT, This turbine can be designed to charge 12v 24v or 48v batteries or connect directly to a grid-tied inverter. A good choice for off-grid installations where the turbine is within 100ft (30meters) of the battery bank or a grid-tied installation where the turbine is less than 2000ft away from inverter location. If off-grid it will require a load dump charge controller
to protect the battery bank. Thes are also easily be paired with a MidNite Classic charge controller
PowerSpout PLT comes in models PLT(14,28,40,56,80,170,200) Contact us to make sure you get the right model before you order.
- Up to 1300W continuous production (production dependent upon resource head)
- Units are designed to be installed in parallel to capture very large flowrates
- Operates from 3meters of head up to 100m (10ft-328ft)
- Over 6 years continuous field operation with zero maintenance.
- Grease Zerk fitting for easy bearing maintenance.
- Large-diameter direct-drive permanent magnet generator.
- 68% Recycled materials use in manufacturer
- 100% Renewable energy used in production.
- No exposed rotating parts or electrical connections.
- Fully protected from the elements - weatherproof.
- 3 year warranty
- Free Shipping!
Version Comparison There are six versions of PowerSpout available to suit different situations. These are briefly described below. Additional details are provided in the PowerSpout documentation attached above. Please Contact us if you have questions!
Below will help you choose the correct model depending on your flow rate and head drop.
- PowerSpout PLT. This model is great for flows with a large head drop and a low flow rate. It is designed to directly charge 12v 24v or 48v batteries or connect directly to a grid-tied inverter. A good choice for off-grid installations where the turbine is within 100ft (30meters) of the battery bank or a grid-tied installation where the turbine is less than 2000ft away from inverter location. If off-grid, turbine will Require a load dump charge controller to protect the battery bank. This turbine can reach power output of up to 1500 watts.
- PowerSpout Turgo. The Turgo is a versatile turbine and can be used for mid range flow rates and head drops. It is a good choice for off grid applications where the the distance is between the inverter and the load is 6-30 meters (20-100 feet). Requires two transformers; one for each phase at the receiving location. This turbine can reach a power output of up to 1500 watts.
- PowerSpout LH = Low Head. This means it is designed for a stream with low water height but a high flow rate. It can produce a power output of 1500 watts.
Aurora Power & Design professionally installs hydro power systems throughout the western United States. If you would like an estimate for professional installation please contact us
Two PowerSpouts in Operation:
Large plastic Pelton wheel turbine assembly:
Permanent Magnet Generator:
Grease zerk connector for easy bearing maintenance:
Installation tool kit for quick and easy installation even in the back-country: